Today was an interesting day. Here are just a few of the things that happened to me (all true):
- I woke up with a headache
- I cut myself shaving
- The power went out while I was taking a shower and never came back on
- Both my computer and cell phone were dead when I went downstairs
- I had no way to contact the electric company about our power
- Someone took my cell charger, so I couldn’t charge my phone
- I went to pack my bags for an out-of-town trip I and didn’t have any black socks
- I got into my truck only to find the gas gauge below “E” — compliments of one of my kids
- It took me 20 minutes to find a parking place at the airport
- I sat on a fully loaded airplane for 30 minutes before the flight was cancelled due to a hydraulics problem
- We deplaned and were told that our new plane was not at the A Terminal and we needed to go to the D Terminal
- The flight attendant was a jerk and wouldn’t help a passenger with her luggage
- We finally departed two hours late
- During the flight, I learned that Michigan State soundly beat Michigan in the Big Ten Championship Game costing the Wolverines a Number One seed
It is 5:30 pm, so I don’t know what this evening will bring. Ugh!
Still, each day is determined not by what happens to us, but by what we choose to focus on. Here are a few other things that happened to me today (all true):
- I woke up. Some people did not.
- I woke up with my arm around the most beautiful woman in the world, my wife
- Saturday night ended with no problems involving the kids (six kids in six states right now)
- I shaved with a $6 razor blade — the best you can buy
- I showered in hot water — at any temperature I wanted it to be
- Unlike many, I live in a house that has electricity
- Unlike even more, I have a computer and cell phone to charge
- I am going out-of-town because I am lucky enough to have a job — something I love
- Gas is 75 cents a gallon cheaper than it was a year ago
- Fortunately, the pilot identified the problem with the landing gear before we tried to land
- My flight was rescheduled and I will get to my location this evening instead of tomorrow
- I got the exercise I needed walking through Terminals A and D
- I had the opportunity to assist a woman with two broken feet put her luggage in the overhead compartment
- I am posting this using WIFI on the airplane – it makes work and life easier
- The U of M won the Big Ten Regular Season Championship — their first outright title in 28 years — they will be a Number Two seed at The Dance.
Every day our happiness is determined by what we think and how we react to the world we live in. We all have a choice. Plus, I really don’t like black socks anyway.
This entry was posted on Sunday, March 16th, 2014 at 8:26 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.